Call for Abstracts
Don’t miss this opportunity to present your work to national and international colleagues
The Society and Faculty of Occupational Medicine invite the submission of abstracts for either oral or poster presentation*.
(*Please ensure that you specify which format you prefer.)
We are keen to receive abstracts relating to any aspect of Occupational Health, from both academic and practitioner delegates. The theme of Occupational Health 2018 is “Research, Practice and Policy” and abstracts relevant to those topics are especially welcome, as are submissions from overseas. Case reports will be also be considered.
A session within the programme has been set aside for oral presentations (free papers) and posters will be located in an easily-accessible area for viewing during all break times.
All delegates are encouraged to present material that will stimulate debate, raise issues of concern or highlight quality work being carried out by teams or individuals. This is an excellent opportunity to present to a large audience (around 250 participants) from the UK and abroad.
We have aimed to keep the Abstract Submission process as simple as possible but it is ESSENTIAL that you read the instructions below before you submit. Thank you.
Please take time to read these Instructions for Submission:
- Your abstract must be received by midnight 2nd March 2018
- Your abstract must be submitted in English
- Your abstract must be submitted by E-Mail as an attachment in Word format not as part of the text to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE THIS SPECIFIC E-MAIL ADDRESS – DIFFERENT TO THE GENERAL CONFERENCE E-MAIL ADDRESS.
- Tracking mode MUST be switched off to ensure that your abstract can be processed
- Posted abstracts will not be accepted for submission
- Your abstract must not exceed 300 words including references but excluding the title, authors and affiliations
- You need to clarify how you wish to present the abstract – ie as a poster, an oral presentation or either
- Any potential conflict of interests must be declared
- The author submitting the abstract is the Corresponding Author and this author’s contact details must be clearly given (tel, E-Mail). The name of the author (Presenting Author) presenting the paper or discussing the poster must be underlined
- Your abstract should be structured according to the following format:
- Title of the Abstract (IN CAPITAL LETTERS)
- Authors (initials with full stops after each, then surname) and Affiliations
- Abstract References (Key only, max 5)
- The decision of the Abstract Reviewers on the acceptability of the abstract is final. While preferences for oral or poster presentations will be considered, the Reviewers may offer the alternative format. No correspondence on their decision can be initiated by the author(s)
- ALL PRESENTING AUTHORS MUST REGISTER FOR THE CONFERENCE FOR AT LEAST ONE DAY. The methodology for the Registration of Presenting Authors will be set out in the result correspondence. **Submission of an abstract is acceptance of this requirement to register if presenting**
- All abstracts will be acknowledged. If you have not had a confirmation of receipt within 7 days of your submission, please contact the Conference Secretariat.
Abstract Submission Deadline midnight 2nd March 2018
Instructions on the duration of oral presentations and the format and size of posters will be given in the result correspondence which should be issued in early April 2018. If an abstract cannot be presented at the Conference, the Secretariat must be notified in writing ahead of the Conference to save costs.
Please contact our Conference Secretariat team if you have any queries at all regarding abstract submission.
Occupational Health 2018 Conference Secretariat
Index Communications Meeting Services
Crown House, 28 Winchester Road
SO51 8AA, UK
T: +44 (0)1794 511331/2